Medieval and Renaissance Florence 2.5-Hour Walking Tour
- Enjoy a complete guided walk through Florence and behold the medieval and Renaissance monuments
- Admire the city’s most beautiful Churches, Palaces, Streets and Squares such as Basilica of S. Lorenzo, Palazzo Medici Riccardi and Signoria Square
- Learn history, art, curiosities and anecdotes from a passionate local guide
- Cross the Ponte Vecchio and see the shops that were built into the bridge in medieval times
Admire the beauty of the Palazzo Medici Riccardi and reach Piazza del Duomo, where you can admire the impressive Cathedral with Brunelleschi's dome, Giotto's bell tower and the Baptistery of Saint John with the Gates of Paradise.
The tour continues with a visit to the medieval quarters where Dante Alighieri (the great Poet of the “Divine Comedy”) and Beatrice lived and where you also can find the beautiful Badia Fiorentina with the characteristic hexagonal tower.
Further ahead is the austere Bargello. Walk along the Arno river to reach the Ponte Vecchio, the famous "jewels bridge". Then proceed to the picturesque Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market), and the famous Fontana del Porcellino. Not too far away, there is the elegant Piazza della Signoria, a great "outdoor sculpture museum", dominated by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. Next to it is the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most important museums in the world. By crossing the bridge, you will reach the wonderful Pitti Palace where your tour ends.
- 2.5-hour guided tour
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Earphones for groups of 15 or more
Prepare for the activity
Piazza San Lorenzo (San Lorenzo Square), at the statue located in the center of the square. Please arrive 10 minutes before the starting time. An assistant will be waiting for you wearing blue clothing.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The guide service can be provided in 2 languages