Florence Medici's Mile 2-Hour Walking Tour
- Learn the history of the Medici family with a professional guide
- Hear tales of intrigue and betrayal as you visit the palaces of the Medicis
- Cross the Ponte Vecchio as you follow the route of the Vasari Corridor from the outside
Hear anecdotes about their intrigue, power struggles, betrayals and incredible foresight. Admire their former palaces and visit streets and squares where members of the family lived. Walk the same narrow streets they used to walk along to landmark monuments such as the Palazzo Medici Riccardi in the San Lorenzo district. Take a look at the church where they worshipped and built their mausoleum at the Medici Chapels in the Basilica di San Lorenzo. Marvel at Brunelleschi’s stunning dome.
Continue to the Palazzo Vecchio on Piazza della Signoria, where Cosimo I de' Medici moved his official seat in May 1540, signaling the security of Medici power. Follow the route of the Vasari Corridor from the outside and learn more about the elevated passageway that allowed the Grand Dukes to move between the Palazzo Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti without being seen by the citizens.
Arrive at the Palazzo Pitti and its magnificent Boboli Gardens for a look at the last residence of the Medici family at the end of your tour.
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Local professional guide
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants
- Inside visit of the mentioned attractions
Prepare for the activity
Piazza di San Lorenzo, 50123 Firenze FI, Italia at 9:15 AM. Meet at the statue located in the center of the square. An assistant will wait for you wearing blue clothing with the supplier's logo on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Comfortable shoes are suggested