Florence: Siena, San Gimignano and Pisa Day Trip
- Visit 3 contrasting UNESCO World Heritage towns on a day-trip from Florence
- Gain more time to explore, thanks to our skip-the-line access
- Savor a refreshing glass of local Chianti wine in San Gimignano
- Enjoy free time in the picturesque and beautifully preserved old town of San Gimignano
Your first stop will be the medieval town of Siena, where the Palio horse race has been held twice a year since the 17th century. A local guide will join you for a tour through the red-brick streets to the Duomo di Siena. Exquisitely faced and floored with marble, this grand cathedral also houses sculptures by the young Michelangelo. With your skip-the-line access, you will gain time to breathe it all in, before your tour continues to the Piazza del Campo. It is at this exact location where twice a year, jockeys representing Siena’s wards compete fiercely (and not always fairly) for glory. As you listen to your guide’s tales of victories and defeats, it will be easy to imagine the piazza filled with the thunder of horses hooves.
Back aboard your coach, you will spot the iconic tower houses of San Gimignano on the skyline from miles away. This Medieval walled town will be yours to explore, as you wander back in time along the narrow streets, being able to ask your tour leader where to find the best gelato. Just remember to rejoin the group for your complimentary glass of Chianti wine and nibbles!
Last but not least, you will disembark in Pisa and make your way to Piazza dei Miracoli, the Square of Miracles. It’s a fitting home for the Duomo di Pisa, a breathtaking Romanesque cathedral with a world-famous leaning bell tower. With skip-the-line access, your guided tour of the Duomo will allow you to enter instantly, leaving plenty of time afterward for your tour leader to explain exactly what happened to the leaning tower. After enough free time to explore and take pictures, the coach will return you to Florence, where you can marvel how you fit so many wonders into one day.
- Expert, English-speaking tour leader throughout the day
- 1 hour guided tour in Siena with a local guide
- Tasting of local wine
- Skip-the-line access and entrance ticket to the Siena Cathedral and Pisa Cathedral
- Small-group tour of 25 people or less
- Round-trip transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Headsets when required
- A special dress code is required to enter any church (knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
When you get there
Piazza dell'Unità Italiana is in front of the Hotel Baglioni near Santa Maria Novella Train Station. The meeting point is in front of the Obelisk, right in the middle of the square.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note it is not possible to visit the Siena Cathedral on Sundays and religious festivities, your guide will include a valid alternative in Siena