Florence: Palazzo Vecchio Comprehensive Guided Tour
- Marvel at the frescoes in the awe-inspiring Salone dei Cinquecento
- Admire Dante’s death mask
- Climb the imposing tower of the Palazzo Vecchio
- Get breathtaking views of Florence
Marvel as history is brought to life at the foundations of the Roman theater of Florentia. Follow your guide to the Salone dei Cinquecento, constructed in 1494 to house the 500 members of the Grand Council. Admire Dante’s death mask and the 16th-century frescoes.
Then, climb to the tower's top battlements and get breathtaking views from 95 meters above street level.
- Small group service
- English speaking guide
- Easy access to the Palazzo Vecchio museum and tower
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
Via dei Cimatori 9R, Florence. Directions from the Duomo: Facing the cathedral, turn right on to Via dei Calzaiuoli and walk straight on. Then, turn left on the 4th cross street. This is Via dei Cimatori. Directions from Piazza della Signoria: Facing the statue of the man on horseback, look for Il Cavallino restaurant on your right. Take Via delle Farine and turn right onto the 2nd cross street. This is Via dei Cimatori.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
climb is the last part of the tour, so if you do not wish to climb the stairs you may choose not to.
• Tower access at the end is not allowed for children under 8, but they may join
the rest of the tour
• Visitors with disabilities, heart conditions, asthma, or who suffer from vertigo, fear of heights, or claustrophobia are strongly discouraged from climbing the tower
• Access to the tower is often suspended in the case of rain, and the Palazzo
Vecchio does not authorize any partial refunds in case of closure due to rain