Florence: Medici’s Mile with Pitti Palace
- Learn the history and secrets of the powerful Medici family
- Admire the palaces, streets and squares where the Medici family lived
- Explore the magnificent Pitti Palace on your own
See the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, the cathedral with its imposing dome and the stunning Palazzo Vecchio, dominating the Piazza della Signoria.
Further on you will follow from the outside the whole path of the Vasari Corridor, the spectacular elevated passageway which connects the two banks of the river Arno, passing along the enchanting Ponte Vecchio and crossing houses, and Santa Felicita Church. The Vasari Corridor was a secret and route used by the Medici Grand Dukes of Tuscany, to move between the Palazzo Pitti, (their third and last residence) and their offices located inside the Palazzo Vecchio, without being seen by the citizens.
Once your walking tour is over, depending on the option selected, you can either visit the Pitti Palace, whose ticket allows you to make independent visits to Palatine Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art, the Museum of Fashion and Costume, and the Treasure of the Grand Dukes.
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Local professional guide
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants for the guided walking tour
- Pitti Palace Museums entrance ticket and booking fee
Prepare for the activity
9:15 AM Piazza di San Lorenzo, 50123 Firenze FI, Italia, (San Lorenzo Square), at the Statue located in the center of the square. An assistant will wait for you wearing blue clothing with the local suppliers logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Comfortable shoes are suggested
• Admission to the Pitti Palace is scheduled at 1:30 PM, after some free time for lunch