Florence: Evening Food Tour
- Take a 3-hour walking tour with a local English-speaking tour guide
- Explore the ancient and medieval neighborhoods around the Oltrarno area along with their artistic and architectural highlights
- Get to know genuine Italian food traditions
- Learn about craft beer in Italy and the development of young new breweries
During your next food tasting stop you will visit the cutest local bakery shop for a “Cecina” sample: a delicious savory chickpea flour pan cake typical of the Tuscan culinary tradition. After the Cecina tasting you will have the opportunity to taste a very peculiar type of Pizza with its dough prepared without yeast, by using only sourdough that has been carefully prepared by the master pizzaiolo. This wonderful preparation goes perfectly with another Belgian style, but purely Italian-made, beer sample.
Carry on and be prepared to stop at the most traditional Florentine Trattoria. This kind of restaurant is family run and serves homemade food on their menu. Your guide will select the day’s special for you and tell you a bit about Florentine food traditions and culture. Also, be ready to share the table with other clients as Italians do in trattorias. This afternoon tour will finish with a unique food and drink pairing: a chocolate cake paring with a stout style beer. Don’t wrinkle your nose if it’s your first time trying this combination: you will be surprised by this amazing experience!
- English-speaking tour guide
- Food and drink tastings
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• If you are not a beer lover, Italian wine or craft sodas will be available at each stop
• Please note that minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation, if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Minors under 18 years old must be always accompanied by an adult and may not
• Tours run rain or shine. Guests are encouraged to dress comfortably for the
weather and wear comfortable shoes