Chianti Wine & Food Safari
- Enjoy transport in a customized 4WD vehicle for a fun drive through scenic, unmarked back roads
- Take a full-day Chianti wine tour, including a delicious Tuscan lunch & several food tastings
- Visit the famous Chianti Classico wine region with an expert guide
- Discuss food and wine during lunch (included) at a traditional Tuscan restaurant offering breathtaking panoramic views
- Get free-time in one of Tuscany's most picturesque towns
Your first stop of the day is at a beautiful winery belonging to one of the most prestigious Italian aristocratic families. Here you'll taste three wines paired with cheese and two olive oils but first, there’s a fascinating guided tour of the historic wine cellars and to the olive mill through underground tunnels that pass under the villa. Now buckle-up and get ready for some off-roading through ancient woodland and rolling hills, outlined with cypress trees and dotted with rustic farms and churches, to make your way to a typical Tuscan restaurant with stunning views. Here is where you will really get your taste buds tingling with delicious food and wine. You will not want to leave!
To visit the final wine estate you'll go deeper into the Chianti hills and enjoy more incredible countryside on your way to a Chianti Classico vineyard. As a contrast to the established winery of the morning, this one is smaller and less known though does have award winning wines which you will taste as you find out how ancient tradition and innovation have been combined to create them. The unique beauty of this area will add to the unforgettable memories you will have created so far. There will also be a stop in Greve, a picturesque town in Chianti where you can enjoy a little free time to wind down and get a coffee, shop or just soak in the unique Italian culture of this idyllic place. The perfect way to end the perfect day!
- Transport by 4WD customized, air-conditioned vehicle
- Expert tour leader with you all day
- Taste 8 different wines
- Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Sheep cheeses and Salumi (cured meats) tasting
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Prepare for the activity
Via Vinegia 23R, right behind the Palazzo Vecchio. Facing the entrance and the statue of David, walk downhill on the right side of the building, keep left and turn left at the bottom. The next right is a narrow street with an arched entrance. You will see the local supplier's office a few paces in on the right.Open in Google Maps ⟶