From Florence: Chianti Half-Day Afternoon Tour
- Explore the historic Chianti wine region of Tuscany
- Visit two wine cellars and taste different kinds of Chianti Wine
- See one of the best preserved medieval walls in Italy at Monteriggioni
- Try some Tuscan sliced cold meats, bruschetta and salami
Immerse yourself in the picturesque scenery of gently rolling hills, studded with ancient vineyards and cypress trees. You will go to the sublime town and fortress of Monteriggioni, mentioned in Dante Alighieri's “Divine Comedy,” and boasting some of the best-preserved city walls in all of Italy.
Continue with a visit to a charming Chianti wine estate. After a guided tour of the wine cellars, to gain an insight into the various stages of wine production, sit down and taste the various wines that the winery produces, paired with samples of sliced cold meats, bruschetta and salami.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Visit to Monteriggioni fortress and a local winery
- Visit to 2 famous estates with tour of the wine cellars and sampling of wines, oil, and balsamic vinegar
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Opportunity to buy wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese, and herbs
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at Villa Costanza, Florence Coach Station. Get to the meeting point by getting on T1 Leonardo tramway to Villa Costanza (get off at Villa Costanza stop at the end of the line). It is a 20 minute ride from the city centre, you can get on at whatever stop is closest to you. Your guide will be wearing a green shirt.Open in Google Maps ⟶