Fes: Private Hiking Experience Along the Zalagh Hillside
- Enjoy a private hiking experience in the Zalagh hillside with a qualified guide
- Take in stunning panoramic views of Fez and the Rif Mountains from the summit
- Plunge into the Berber countryside and escape the heat of the city
- Get a taste of the local way of life as you pass farmsteads
- Savor an included luxury picnic under the shade of pine trees
After meeting your guide at the meeting point, take the road that winds steeply up from the medina and plunge into the Berber countryside full of ancient olive groves, hidden from the city on the other side of the mountain. Your driver will then turn off onto a dirt track and for 15-20 minutes you can take in the landscape dotted with vernacular farmsteads, livestock, and crops. As you go, marvel at the scenery of the Rif mountains stretching out as far as the eye can see.
Next, take a 1.5-hour hike at a pace easy enough for even inexperienced hikers to Zalagh's summit and onwards to the peak of the range. Despite its proximity to the city, it is never crowded, much to the delight of mountain bikers and hikers alike.
Enjoy escaping from the heat at this elevation, and admire the stunning views of the entire ancient city of Fes, the surrounding landscape, the Sebou Valley, Rif mountains, and Sais Plains. After your hike, your guide will bring you back to the perfect spot for a picnic. Dine in the shade of the pine trees before walking back down to the car and being transferred back to the meeting point.
- Chauffeur and qualified country guide
- Roundtrip transportation from the meeting point
- Luxury picnic with service
- Chilled bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Hop on a "Petit Taxi" to the Oued Zhoune car park. The meeting point is 50 metres from the car park. Stop at the Pension Dahlila, and just to the left of the pension is a small alley. Take the alley, go up the steps, turn left and follow the alley around until you reach the Palais Amani at the top.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes