From Faro: Half-Day Loulé Market Tour
Pickup includedAccommodation in Quarteira, Albufeira, Carvoeiro, Portimão, Lagos, Sagres, Tavira, Montegordo or Vila Real de Santo António
- Barter with local vendors for a wide range of goods at the vibrant Loulé market
- Explore this quaint town and its historic monuments of North African heritage
- Discover the 2000-year-old history of the Loulé's Moorish Castle
Next, visit the busy Saturday Market where you can buy anything from clothes to hardware to delicious street food—this is truly the place to take in all the smells, sounds, and flavors of Loulé. Continue to shop for local handicrafts in the surrounding narrow streets lined with traditional architecture, copper workshops, and other small craft shops. As you walk around you will discover Loulé's characterful historic center and peaceful tree-lined plazas.
Visit the Moorish castle and to discover more of the town’s interesting and long history. Close by you'll find the 13th-century church Igreja Matriz, which was converted into a church from a mosque including transforming the minaret into the current bell tower. Finally, visit the Convento do Espírito Santo to find the tallest structure in Loulé, which notably is a single 45-meter tall Araucaria tree.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Mercado de Loule
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at the time of booking