Full-Day Évora Wine Tour from Lisbon
- Explore a 1st Century Roman Temple
- See the chilling walls of the Chapel of Bones, completely decorated with human remains
- Taste traditional wines in the wine shop Herdade da Ervideira
- Enjoy an optional Lunch in Évora's Historical Center
Walk through the whitewashed Old Town to visit Évora's most famous landmark, the Roman Temple. Its large Corinthian columns date back to the first century, the era of Emperor Augustus. Another breathtaking stop will be the Cathedral of Évora, one of the most important Gothic monuments in Portugal. Then we'll head to Saint Francis Church with the "Bones Chapel", or Capela dos Ossos, which is completely decorated with human bones.
Don't miss the University of Évora, a former Jesuit college built by Cardinal-King Henrique in 1559. Afterwards, stroll through Évora market to admire the colorful and tasty ingredients used to create some of the Portugal's most marvelous dishes.
In the afternoon, head to the Herdade do Esporão (near Reguengos de Monsaraz) to visit an important wine cellars in Portugal. Toast the day with a taste of fine wines.
- Pick-up and drop off from Lisbon downtown hotels
- Guided visits in English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Wine tasting at Herdade da Ervideira
- Entrance fee at the Cathedral, Bones Chapel, and University
- Lunch (offered for an additional charge)
- For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels, pick-up service is available but it's for an additional charge
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Tour doesn't operate on 25th December and 1st January.