3-Hour Bologna Segway PT Authorized Tour
- Roam through the beautiful arcades of Bologna on a Segway
- Enjoy amazing views of the towers Asinelli and Garisenda
- Experience the best sights in Bologna including Il Mercato Medioevale, Basilica di Santo Stefano, the Jewish Ghetto, Loggia della Mercanzia and more
- Discover the Palazzo della Podesta, Palazzo re Renzo and Basilica San Petronio
A rather unusual but intriguing itinerary runs through Via De’ Toschi, leading you through the alleys of the medieval market (Via Clavature and Via Sampieri). The tour continues straight along one of the most peaceful streets, Via Santo Stefano, home of the Basilica di Santo Stefano complex. This complex includes 7 Romanesque and Gothic churches, as well as an artistic representation of the period when Bologna was raised to a Commune.
The route then follows the street back towards the renowned “leaning towers” and continues on to the heart of the ancient Jewish ghetto. Proceeding down Via Zamboni, you will return to Piazza della Mercanzia where you will again see the two towers (Asinelli and Garisenda) but this time viewing them against the Loggia della Mercanzia.
From Piazza della Mercanzia, you will wind your way back through the medieval market area, before reaching Piazza Maggiore, the largest square featuring a fountain depicting Neptune.
- Three hour Segway PT rental (30 minute orientation)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Prepare for the activity
• Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women