From Edinburgh: Outlander, Palaces and Jacobites Tour
- See the real life sets from the TV series "Outlander"
- Visit Linlithgow Palace in the Royal Burgh of Linlithgow
- Tour Doune Castle, home of the Clan MacKenzie
- Explore the tiny village of Culross
Next, stop in the Royal Burgh of Linlithgow and visit Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth Prison in "Outlander"), originally a royal retreat between Edinburgh and Stirling Castle. Continue to the 14th-century country pile of Callandar House, where ties to Rome's northern frontier in Europe at the Antonine Wall have been traced. Following in the footsteps of Claire and Jamie, this Outlander tour continues to Doune Castle, the home of Outlanders' Clan MacKenzie. The tour stops here to explore the castle and pause for some photos in the atmospheric surroundings before going to Blackness Castle.
Move on to the Royal Burgh of Culross to discover a tiny village nestled on the coast of Fife. Arguably the best example of a 17th-century Scottish village, the gardens at Culross were featured in "Outlander" as Claire's herb garden, as was the mercat cross (market cross) from Cranesmuir Village. Saunter along the cobblestone streets and see the quaint Biscuit Café before stopping for photos at Tuilyies Standing Stones (time permitting).
Next, go to the grand stately home of Hopetoun House, surrounded by a deer park and nature trails. The beautiful 17th-century building was the setting for the home of the Duke of Sandringham in "Outlander" and you can choose to tour the house or explore its grounds before heading back to Edinburgh.
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
- Transportation by luxury, modern air-conditioned coach
- Entrance to attractions
- Food and drinks
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Tour runs with a summer and winter itinerary. Hopetoun House and Midhope Castle only available April-September departures. Doune Castle available October-March departures.