From Amsterdam: Edam Cheese Market Tour and Canal Cruise
Pickup includedPlease wait in the hotel lobby.
- Discover the traditional cheese market in the village of Edam
- Take a 1-hour walking tour of Edam with a local guide
- Cruise for 1-hour on the canal in Edam with a skipper exclusively for your group
- Visit Scherhorn mill and meet the miller
After making your way to the meeting point, set off from Amsterdam to Edam, a cute red-brick village of the Waterland region located on the west shore of the IJsselmeer. Watch the landscape pass by as you listen to your guide’s narration, which not only covers history but also topical social issues that the Netherlands is currently facing.
Upon arrival in Edam, head out on a 1-hour walking tour with your local guide. End the tour at the cheese market that has determined the economy of Edam since the 16th century, and enjoy some free time to explore or to grab something to eat.
Continue your discovery of Edam after on a 1-hour boat ride in the canal with a skipper exclusively for your tour group. See Edam from the water, and have plenty of opportunities to take some great photos.
Finally, before going back to Amsterdam, visit the museum mill of Schermer, a unique piece of water management from the Golden Age. The Schermerpolder, where the mill is located, was a lake over 13-feet (4-meters) deep until 1633 when it was drained by 52 octagonal polder mills until 1635.
Explore the still-functioning mill, 1 of the remaining 11 polder mills in the Schermer that is located between 2 other mills. Meet the miller and learn about his trade, before heading back to Amsterdam where you will be dropped off at the meeting point.
- Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
- 1-hour walking tour with a local guide
- 1-hour exclusive group boat ride with own skipper
- Admission for the mill
- The miller's talk
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Oversize luggage
• Please take a copy of your passport or ID card
• The tour departs at 9 AM sharp from the meeting point at EYE film. Please arrive at least 5 minutes early