Amsterdam: Full-Day Countryside Tour
Pickup optionalPlease wait at the discussed location 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. If this is not possible, please mention this in your booking and we'll adjust the tour accordingly.
- Escape bustling Amsterdam and explore village life in the countryside
- Take in beautiful views of the water from the dikes
- Taste delicious cheese and learn how clogs are made
- Choose between a private or small-group tour
- Travel in a comfortable, 8-seat minivan
Climb the dikes and admire views of the water below. The local guide will explain the history of the intricate canal system that was constructed to protect the people from the sea. Visit some of the local gems, like Broek in Waterland, or Edam and Volendam and take pictures of ancient windmills and the grazing livestock.
Visit a cheese farm and learn how the famous Dutch cheese is made. Taste some delicious samples before continuing to a clog factory to see what it's like to walk in traditional wooden clogs. Take a break along the way to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with a delicious Dutch treat.
- Entrance to the cheese farm
- Cheese tasting
- Entrance to the clog factory
- Coffee or tea with a local treat
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (private tour only)
- Pick up and drop-off from meeting point (small-group tour)
- Children under 12 years
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is the Amsterdam Central Station Kiss and Ride, which is based next to the river IJ (in the back of the station if you're coming from Amsterdam City center). To get to the Kiss and Ride from the city center, walk through Amsterdam Central Station in a straight line until you get to the 'IJzijde' (the hallway underneath the bus platform). Walk straight until you reach the bank of the river, then turn left and walk along the side of the river. You'll see a bike platform to your right. Next to the bike platform, on your left, you will find the Kiss and Ride where the guide will be waiting holding a "Local Tours Holland" sign. To avoid delays, please arrive 15 minutes before activity starts. If you have any questions concerning the meeting point, please mention this in your booking so we can help you right away.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Rain gear