Dunedin: Wildlife Cruise and Penguin Colony Shore Excursion
- Join an exciting wildlife cruise on the Otago Peninsula
- Marvel at playful Yellow-eyed Penguins and other breeding colonies
- Enjoy an entertaining sightseeing tour of Dunedin and Otago
While your cruise ship is berthed in Port Chalmers, enjoy an informative and entertaining sightseeing tour of Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula including visits to the Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, neo-gothic church architecture and cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with plenty of great photo opportunities.
Afterward, join a wildlife cruise around the heads of Otago Harbor where you will see a host of marine animals and birdlife. Following your cruise, head to the Royal Albatross Centre where you can enjoy some lunch if required. After your break, join a fully guided tour of a Yellow-eyed Penguin breeding colony. See these incredible birds and their nests along with Fur Seals and their pups, little blue penguins, and a breeding colony of cormorants. Finally, return to your cruise ship with plenty of time before your ship's departure.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Wildlife cruise
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance fees
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
All passengers must make their way to the private hire area in the cruise ship pavilion which is well sign posted. Please wait for a representative who will direct you to the buses which will be departing from outside the Visitor Centre.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All tours are designed to meet the cruise ship's arrival and departure times, but if you are not returned to your ship prior to its departure, the operator guarantees to get you to the next port of call.
• Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
• New Zealand weather can be very changeable - please bring warm clothing that you can leave in the tour vehicle if not required.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.