Dubrovnik’s City Walls and Wars Historic Walking Tour
- Explore the heart of Dubrovnik’s Old Town and learn how the city became one of the most prosperous and advanced maritime republics for centuries
- Take in the breathtaking views of the port and Old Town from the top of the city’s walls
- See important historical landmarks, such as the Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, Lovrijenac Fortress, and more
- Hear mesmerizing stories and facts about the city walls, rivals, conflicts, and wars that make up over 1,400 years of Dubrovnik’s history
- Walk the city walls with a local guide licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
This historic 2-hour walking tour will focus on the defensive and political challenges Dubrovnik faced, and its struggle to survive as a small independent republic. A local guide will bring you to the top of Dubrovnik’s fortifications and lead you around the mesmerizing city walls.
Take in breathtaking views of Dubrovnik’s port and Old Town, and visit landmarks vital to the political and defensive history of the city. Your guide will reveal why places like the Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, and Lovrijenac Fortress were essential structures in the protection of Dubrovnik’s people and prosperity.
This tour is a highlight of any visit to Dubrovnik and will give you a thorough background on the essential role Dubrovnik played in the civilized world’s history.
- Guided walk conducted by a professional local tourist guide, licensed by the Croatian Ministry of Tourism
- Mandatory admission ticket set by Dubrovnik city walls (Adults: 200) KN per person (€27), children aged 5 - 18: 50 KN (€7). To be paid at the city walls entrance in Kunas or by credit card. The price of admission is subject to change
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The walking tour will begin in front of Sky Bar (ex Fuego) (Brsalje 8, Dubrovnik), just outside of Pile Gate at the western entrance to the Old Town. Address: Brsalje ul. 8, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia. This is super easy to find as Pile is the last stop for all city buses and taxis when heading towards the pedestrian old town. Look for an orange umbrella and the local tour operator's sign. Please arrive 5 to 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes