Inishmore, Aran Islands Full-Day Tour with Flight
- Tour the largest of the Aran Islands and spend a day on Inishmore
- Enjoy a scenic drive around limestone pavements and isolated rocks, with wild Atlantic views
- Visit the magnificent ancient fort of Dún Aengus
- Try a typical lunch in the fishing town of Kilronan
Covering an area of some 12 square miles (31 square kilometers), the island is famous for its strong Irish culture, loyalty to the Irish language, and a wealth of pre-Christian and Christian ancient sites.
After you check-in at Dublin Heuston for a 07:30 train service to Galway, transfer by road to Connemara Airport for the flight to Inishmore, where you will embark on a tour of the Island, with time for lunch at Kilronan. Prior to the 20th century, Inishmore was more commonly called Inis Bant, and the Irish word Irish Árainn is an apt description for the island as it means "long ridge."
Composed of limestone pavements and isolated rocks, enjoy a scenic tour of the island before visiting the magnificent ancient fort of Dún Aengus. With its sheer cliffs and dramatic seascapes, Dún Aengus has been called "the most magnificent barbaric monument in Europe."
Your tour includes return flights and transfers back to Galway City, with time to shop before your return train to Dublin Heuston, arriving back in the city at 20:45.
- All admissions
Prepare for the activity
Check in at Dublin Heuston station on the morning of the tour at 07:10. Check-in is beside the customer service desk. Tour representatives in yellow jackets are present to check customers in and to show them to their reserved seats on the trainOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Mobility scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour
• Wheelchair users must have some mobility to climb the steps onto the coach as the coaches are not wheelchair friendly in Ireland
• Wheelchairs must be able to fold so that they may be stored in the luggage compartment of the coach