Fast-Track Access Book of Kells and Dublin Castle Tour
- Discover up close the finest example of Ireland's most important medieval illuminated manuscripts
- Wander the gardens and grounds of Dublin Castle
- Learn about the rich symbolism of the Book of Kells with an expert local guide
- See and walk through Europe's largest vaulted library
- Discover hidden highlights of Dublin
- Explore Dublin Castle's intriguing exterior and gardens
Meet your local Dublin guide at the main entrance to Trinity College and marvel at the rich ornamentation and dense symbolism of the 8th century Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript of the 4 Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Get up close and admire one of the finest examples of medieval illumination.
On the second part of this fascinating tour visit the 12th century Dublin Castle built by King John where your professional local English-speaking guide will show you all the exterior highlights including the Castle gardens, affording you one of the best tour experiences in Ireland. An expert local guide will show and explain all of the history and stories connected to Dublin's famous Castle.
- Entrance ticket to the Book of Kells at Trinity College Library
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• All participants should be in good health - consult your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
• Wheelchairs, motorised scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as the partner cannot guarantee that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps.
• Please inform the tour partner of any physical disabilities or limitations so we can determine the appropriateness of the selected tour itinerary.
• Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
• Changes or cancellations requested less than 24-hours before the tour departure time are not possible.
• Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation.