Boasting wealthy legacy and customs, Abu Dhabi is a city of unique charm that constantly attracts globetrotters. This short but informative tour familiarizes you with a couple of the city’s most stunning architectures including Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
About this activity
Duration 6 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Pick-up is available from Dubai central hotels. Sharjah City pick-up is available from Pullman Hotel, Deira city center.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select participants and date:
Observe the majestic heritage of Abu Dhabi at its two iconic landmarks
Get mesmerized by the brilliant architecture of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Sip a cup of tea or coffee amidst the royal ambiance of Emirates Palace - if option selected
View the city from the observation deck on the 74th floor of the Etihad Tower - if option selected
After a prompt pick-up from your hotel, you will travel to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. True to its name, the main prayer hall of this Mosque accommodates thousands of people at a time. Besides this, the structure features one of the largest domes in the world and its outer surface is ornamented with imported white marbles. Other notable attractions of the Mosque include; the hand-knitted carpet, the Swarovski crystals-studded glass panels and the massive chandelier, the world’s third largest.
Once your mosque visit is over, you will head to one of the two following places depending on the option chosen:
• The city’s luxurious hotel, Emirates Palace. Blending Arabic elements with modern technologies, this hotel offers the finest hospitality with an authentic local feel. The super-richness of this structure is well evident in all its deluxe rooms, suits, spas, private beach and pools. For a complete experience, settle into your table and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee along with your favorite slice of cake.
• Etihad Towers is a 5-tower complex in the city that provides amenities for shopping, dining and leisure under one roof. Upon reaching the 74th floor of Tower 2, located at 300 meters, you will enjoy the panoramic views of the metropolis and blue sea.
After either option, you will travel back to your hotel with good memories of the city.
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Clean and air-conditioned modern vehicle
Professional licensed English-speaking driver
Entrance to Sheikh Zayed Mosque
Coffee or tea with a slice of cake at Emirates palace (if option selected)
Any extra services or expenses not mentioned above
When you get there
Know before you go
• On Friday, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is open from 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM. It will also be closed on certain dates and announcement of these days will be only a few days before, also it is not possible to visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque during any Islamic festival
• Mosques have very strict dress codes, when visiting; women must wear long loose clothing, insure their arms and legs are fully covered. Women are also required to cover their heads at all times. However, the local operator will provide a long-local Abaya with scarf (long black dress-attire). Men must not show above their knees and must cover their shoulders. Failure to do so will result in refused entry. Please note, the local operator does not provide any kind of clothes to men
• This trip is not wheelchair accessible.