From Prague: Guided Dresden Day Trip with Lunch
Pickup optionalPlease wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Visit Bruhl’s Terrace, the so-called “Balcony of Europe,” and soak up the views over the River Elbe
- Marvel at Frauenkirche church and discover the stunning interiors of Dresden Cathedral
- Find out about the city's restoration after World War II with your English-speaking guide
- Explore the fantastic Zwinger complex and admire the art and porcelain collections
- Savor a traditional German lunch with an included glass of beer or wine
Choose to begin your trip either at the meeting point or at your hotel in Prague. Set off early in the morning and arrive in Dresden approximately 2 hours later. First, make your way to the stunning Bruhl’s Terrace, sometimes called the “Balcony of Europe.” From the terrace, look across the River Elbe and see the historic architecture lining the streets of Dresden Neustadt.
After a cup of coffee and a famous local dessert in a renowned local café, visit the breathtaking Frauenkirche church, badly damaged during World War II and recently fully restored. Then, admire the ingenious Furstenzug — The Procession of Princes. As it stands over 10 metres tall, you’ll need to crane your neck to take in the detailed artwork.
The next stop will be at Dresden Cathedral, whose façade is covered with intricate sculptures and reliefs. After walking through the doors, marvel as your eyes are drawn immediately to a large painting of Jesus Christ ascending to the sky. The inside of the cathedral also includes a stone pulpit and the tombs of former Saxon sovereigns.
After exploring the cathedral, stop for a traditional German lunch in a cozy local restaurant. Finish your tour of Dresden by visiting the Zwinger museums and admiring the art and amazing porcelain. Finally, head back to Prague, where you should arrive around 7 PM.
- English-speaking guide
- Roundtrip transportation from Dresden
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Dresden (if option selected)
- Zwinger admission fee
- Dresden Cathedral entrance fee
- Food tasting lunch menu with beer or wine
- Bottled water during the journey
- Free WiFi onboard the vehicle
- Extra drinks ordered during lunch
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Bistro "Hezky česky" is located just 5 minutes from Náměstí Míru. The easiest way to get there is metro A (green line) or tram 4, 10, 16 or 22. From the square, go to Anglická 21, close to Costa. Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts. Please call or text the local partner if you are running late and realize it will be impossible to get to the meeting point on time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• This tour will take place rain or shine
• Please be aware that while "vegetarian" or "no cheese" requirements can be accommodated, "vegetarian and no cheese" requirements cannot
• The itinerary of the trip, tour stops, and places for tastings are liable to change slightly to reflect the season, vendors' opening hours, and availability, but the full volume of each trip and tour will always be kept
• Please arrive at the meeting point/be ready for pickup 15 minutes before the activity starts