From Berlin: Guided Day Trip to Dresden
- Get a full commentary of Dresden's origins and life in the post-communist era
- Learn about the importance of Meisen pottery to the region
- Explore the Old Town, the Semper Opera house, and the Balcony of Europe
- Discover the Zwinger Palace
- Enjoy the journey from the comfort of a coach hired just for your tour group with a local expert guide
During the tour you’ll explore the immaculately restored Old Town and Old Market, including the famous Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche), the Semper Opera House, and the Balcony of Europe – once Dresden's defensive rampart on the River Elbe. You will also wander around the Zwinger medieval fortress – home to the Old Masters’ Collection featuring works by Raphael, Rembrandt, Rubens, and more.
During the tour, you will also learn about the Albertinum, Blue Wonder, Dresden Castle, Taschenberg Palace, and Procession of Princes. Walk by the Augustus Bridge, Brühl's Terrasse and the New Market.
Hear stories of Dresden at the time of August the Strong (who allegedly sired 300 children), emotional wartime experiences, and the Communist era. Discover the vibrant city of today, and enjoy free time to visit the world-class museums, relax on the waterfront, or stroll through the flea market.
- Day Trip
- Local expert guide
- Transportation on chartered coach hired just for this round trip to Dresden
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point west: In front of McDonald's, outside main entrance to S+U Zoologischer Garten Train Station. Hardenbergplatz, 10623 Berlin. Look for your guide with the yellow local tour operator badge.Open in Google Maps ⟶