Venice: Doge's Palace Guided-Tour & Gondola Ride
- Get in touch with the fascinating history of Venice
- Cross the famous Bridge of Sighs
- Admire Venice from the water with a Gondola ride
- Discover the small and picturesque narrow channels that can only be reached by Gondola
Your enchanting Palazzo Ducale Venice Tour takes you to the most significant places of the ancient Republic of Venice, the richly decorated rooms of the Doge's Apartment with its large enclosed courtyard, up to the Armoury, the dungeons and the well-known Bridge of sighs: a complete visit to learn and fully enjoy the gorgeous Doge's Palace.
The Doge's Palace tour will take about an hour, you will admire the Opera Museum, which houses the ancient capitals of the porch and portico of Doge's Palace, the ancient honour entrance of the Doge's Palace, the Giant's Staircase, with the two statues of Mars and Neptune sculpted by Sansovino, the Lodge Atrium, from which you can admire the beautiful views of the courtyard of the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Square, the famous Golden Staircase, with marble statues dedicated to Atlas and Hercules and the Institutional Chambers. The tour also includes a visit to the splendid Sighs Bridge, which connects the Doge's Palace to the New Prisons.
The second part of your tour will begin with a gondola ride. During this experience, you will be able to appreciate the distinctive smaller canals of the city, where you can marvel at a hidden Venice from the typical canals. The gondola ride will take you to the most famous theatre in Venice, La Fenice, to admire its sensational exteriors from the water. Located in the district of San Marco, La Fenice is the main opera house in Venice and its construction dates back to 1790, designed by Giannantonio Selva. You will experience unique and unforgettable moments during this tour that will acquaint you with 'the floating city'.
- Guided tour
- Admission to the Doge’s Palace
- Gondola ride
Prepare for the activity
• Please be advised that, due to the new security measures concerning the entrance into the major Venice museums, there might be queues at the entrance, with consequent protraction of the usual waiting time to access the museums
• This is a group tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you
• A gondola can host up to 6-people, thus if your reservation includes more than 6-people, your group will be divided into smaller groups, or rather you will enjoy different gondolas