From Reykjavik: Lake Mývatn Tour with Domestic Flight
- Fly over Iceland on a domestic cross-country flight
- Visit Akureyri town
- Take a selfie by Goðafoss Waterfall, Iceland's most picturesque waterfall
- Explore the lava fields of Dimmuborgir
- Relax in the Lake Mývatn Nature Baths, entry fee not included
The first stop is by the picturesque Goðafoss Waterfall, the waterfall of the Gods, located in the powerful glacier river Skjálfandafljót river. Make your way to the Lake Mývatn area where you can see the pseudo-craters of Skútustaðagígar. Discover a number of the area’s highlights, including the Hverir mud pools, Grjótagjá rift, and the Dimmuborgir lava fields among others.
The final stop of the day is at the Mývatn Nature Baths, where you’ll have the option of relaxing in a natural pool of geothermal water, located in the middle of lava fields and with great area views.
After the relaxing soak, return to Akureyri Airport in time for your return flight to Reykjavik.
- Domestic return flight from Reykjavik Domestic Airport to Akureyri Airport
- Fully guided day-tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Mývatn Nature Baths entrance fee
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Arrive 45 minutes prior to the departure of your domestic flight from Reykjavik Domestic Airport (NOT Keflavík International Airport) and check in to your flight. You will receive your flight departure time from the local partner's sales teamOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Due to weather and/or road conditions the itinerary may be altered, there may be longer journey times or the tour may be cancelled