From Darwin: Corroboree Billabong Wildlife & Nature Cruises
- Experience cruising the stunning Corroboree Billabong within the Mary River Wetlands system
- Get up close and personal to the wildlife including salt water crocodiles and a huge variety of birds
- Take advantage of being on an open-air vessel and get optimal viewing opportunities
- Learn all about the flora and fauna from a local experienced guide
- See the best the Billabong has to offer
The birdlife at Corroboree Billabong is prolific and you get the opportunity to see a huge variety of species during your cruise.
Learn about the wildlife on the Billabong from your experienced, knowledgeable guide who will ensure your cruise is both interesting and informative. The open-air designed vessel allows you to get up close to the animals with plenty of opportunities to take amazing pictures as you cruise around this nature lover’s paradise.
This incredible cruise allows you the opportunity to view an abundance of wildlife while cruising around these picturesque wetlands. Your guide’s extensive local knowledge of the region provides you with the opportunity to view salt water crocodiles, fresh water crocodiles, and a good variety of spectacular birdlife in their natural wetland habitats. The guide will also ensure that every guest will have great photo opportunities while viewing the wildlife up close and personal. Be prepared though, you will probably feel the need to come back again one day.
- Ice cold water on board vessel
- Live commentary from your tour guide
- Return shuttle transfers from Corroboree Park Tavern (if option is selected)
- Transport from Darwin to the cruise location is not included. You must make your own way out to either the Corroboree Park Tavern for the shuttle transfer or direct to the cruise location at Corroboree Billabong
Prepare for the activity
Corroboree Billabong, Marrakai NT 0801, Australia. The drive takes approximately 90 minutes from Darwin or 2 hours from Jabiru. Travel along the Arnhem Highway to Corroboree Park Tavern, which is located 85km from Darwin and 167km from Jabiru. The turnoff from the Arnhem Highway to Corroboree Billabong is on the left just 1 km past Corroboree Park Tavern (heading towards Kakadu). It is 20 km from the Arnhem Highway turnoff to the cruise at Corroboree Billabong and the last 4 km is on a well-maintained gravel road. Wetland Cruises pontoon is located on the bank of Billabong.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Insect repellent
• There is a possibility that you may be in the sun at some stage depending on your cruise time and your seat on the boat, therefore it is recommended you bring sunscreen