Litchfield National Park Full-Day Safari from Darwin
Pickup includedPick-up from select Darwin accommodations.
- Discover a miracle of Mother Nature at the termite mounds of Litchfield
- Travel through rich woodland to see waterfalls and monsoon rainforest
- Swim and hike around Florence Falls and Wangi Falls
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch inside Litchfield National Park
Litchfield National Park (free time, swimming)
Admire the natural phenomena of the Magnetic and Cathedral Termite Mounds. Built by termites, the amazing mounds are formed of arches, tunnels, and chimneys, and can stand as high as 6 meters tall. Enjoy close-up views of the insect habitats and amazing feat of nature.
Once inside the park, go to some of the waterfalls and spring-fed streams. Journey through rugged sandstone escarpments. Swim and hike around the double-plunge waterfall of Florence Fall. If weather permits, go to Wangi Falls, a segmented waterfall on Wangi Creek. Note that Wangi Falls can close during the tropical wet season and will be substituted during this time.
Enjoy a tasty barbecue lunch inside the park and discover the many rock holes and cascades of Buley Rockhole. Then transfer back to Darwin for an early evening drop off at your accommodation.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Barbecue lunch
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that the itinerary is subject to change for cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility
• The safari is not suitable for children under 8-years-old
• Fitness disclaimer: Passengers must be fit and active to participate in this tour. You must be able to walk unassisted/ unaided over rocky and uneven terrain. Tracks are not suitable for passengers who require a walking stick or a walking frame