Cairns: Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest Tour
- Learn about rainforest conservation and Indigenous culture
- Swim in the refreshing Mossman Gorge mountain river
- Enjoy a crocodile spotting boat tour over the Daintree River
- Visit Palm Cove Beach to see local Wallabies
Proceed onto the Mossman Gorge nestled in the Mountain Rainforest and home to the local Indigenous tribe the Kuku Yalangi people. After a refreshing early morning swim and a guided bush walk, set off to the notorious ‘Crocodile infested Daintree River’! Board a small sea vessel and go exploring for crocodiles and extensive bird and aquatic marine life.
After the boat ride it's time to fasten your seat belts for the drive into the depths of the Daintree Rainforest! After a short 10-minute drive, arrive at one of the most unique lookouts in the area known as the Alexandra Range Scenic Lookout and admire the stunning views all around you. This is one of the few places in the world where two natural world heritage areas meet, the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
After the lookout, continue through the rainforest towards Cape Tribulation and stop for lunch along the way at a local cafe. After lunch take a short walk through the mangroves and listen to your guide share information about the diverse fauna and flora of the tropical rainforest. Next, travel to the coastal town of Port Douglas, but make sure to stop by the delicious Aunty Betty’s Biodinamic Ice Cream shop along the way.
Arrive in Port Douglas around 5pm and check out a stunning lookout nestled in the mountain. View the world-famous four-mile beach and learn some local tales and anecdotes about this small town. Finally, after an action packed day, it’s time to set off for your return to Cairns.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Selected hotel pickup and drop offs in Cairns CBD
- Small group tours - max of 13 people plus guide
- Entry/admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/admission - Daintree National Park
- Lunch not included - $17pp at the cafe in the Daintree
- Cafe does not cater to vegans, or any major dietary requirements - sorry
- Water - please bring your own
Prepare for the activity
*Please specify which pick up point you'd like to meet us at* 6.50am - Dreamtime Travellers Rest, 189 Bunda St, Parramatta Park 6.55am - Gilligan's Backpackers, 57-89 Grafton St (main) 7:00am - Globetrotters International, 154 Lake Street 8:20am - Wildlife Habitat, Port DouglasOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat