Cygnet Bay Giant Whirlpool Tidal Boat Experience
- Explore the giant tides of the spectacular Kimberley Coast on a 2-hour sea safari
- Venture into Escape Passage, one of the fastest ocean currents in the world
- Marvel at exhilarating whirlpools and standing waves created by giant tides
Feel the power of the world’s largest tropical tides as you cruise among the giant whirlpools and standing tidal waves. Venture into Escape Passage, recently described by scientists as having the fastest ocean currents in the world. The tides on this section of the Kimberley Coast are particularly large due to the area’s geography. When the sun and moon align on a spring tide, the ocean is pulled towards the north-west of WA and Indonesia, gathering speed as it reaches the shallow continental shelf and bottle-necking as it passes between Australia and Indonesia. This creates the exhilarating whirlpools and standing waves you will see on the tour.
With turquoise blue water and white sand beaches largely untouched by human interference, the region around Cygnet Bay is considered one of the most beautiful locations in all of Australia. Extend your stay for a night or longer and experience life on the tip of the Dampier Peninsula with a million star view.
- 2-hour sea safari tour
- Experienced guide
- Transport to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, Cape Leveque Road, Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia. The Farm is located approximately 200-kilometres north of Broome (2.5-hour drive) or 1,800-kilometres north of Perth. A 4WD vehicle is required. You can self-drive or coordinate flight transfers. Transport from Broome is not included in tour price.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Bring a bottle of water, sunscreen, a hat and your camera
• Due to the remote location, shops and fuel are limited, and often closed on weekends
• Transport to the farm is not included; you can coordinate flight transfers or self-drive, it is 2.5-hours away from Broome and a 4WD vehicle required
• Accommodation in luxury safari tents, pearlers cottages or camping sites are available at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm. There is a restaurant onsite. You can coordinate accommodation directly with the local operator post-booking at an additional cost, subject to availability
You might also like...
Product ID: 151912