Take a 3-hour hike through the painted hills of Rainbow Mountain. Experience the beautiful landscape of the Andes. Marvel at views of snow-capped mountain peaks, interact with the native mountain people, look for local wildlife and more.
About this activity
Duration 12 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Pick-up from your hotel inside the historical center of Cusco
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Select participants, date and language:
Marvel at the snow-capped mountain peaks of the Andes
Enjoy spectacular views of Rainbow Mountain
Stumble across the animals of the Andes
From the center of Cusco, head toward Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca Mountain) for an amazing journey into undiscovered lands. As you get closer to the mountain, get your first sight of the colored minerals that form the hills.
Marvel at typical views of the snow-capped mountain peaks of the Andes. Look out for native animals along the way. During the 3-hour hike in the painted hills of Rainbow Mountain, discover a native culture that remains intact to this day. Experience how the locals live and get the chance to speak with them. Hike through a vibrant green valley with views of the impressive Ausangate Mountain on the horizon.
Your guide will explain what makes Rainbow Mountain so special. Finally, climb to a vantage point for a 360-degree view of the sacred landscape. Then transfer back to Cusco where you will be dropped off in the main square.
Pick-up at your hotel inside the historical center of Cusco
Bilingual tour guide
Entrance fee to Vinicunca
Breakfast and lunch
Oxygen bottle and first aid kit
What’s Not Included
Hotel drop off
Renting of horse to carry you or your personal belongings (90 Soles)
When you get there
Know before you go
• Minimum age is 10 years
• This tour is not recommended for people with asthma, heart problems and high blood pressure
• You are advised to bring a long sleeved shirt and sweater, a wind breaker, walking shoes, waterproof pants and jacket, gloves, a scarf, warm socks, a hat or cap for sun protection, sun block and sun glasses, water and snacks, lip balm and any personal medication
• You have to be in a good shape (there is also the possibility to rent a horse for 90 Soles)
• It is also important that you spend some days in Cusco before going to the Rainbow Mountain, so your body gets adjusted to the high altitudes
• Remember to bring 10 Soles for the entrance fee