Cusco City Tour and Nearby Archaeological Sites
Pickup includedPassengers will be collected at their respective hotels located in Cusco Downtown. There is one departure at 1:00PM from Monday to Sunday.
- Unearth the riches of the Inca Empire with this fascinating and thought-provoking afternoon tour of Cusco’s greatest landmarks and ruins
- See the Santo Domingo Monastery, the Coricancha, the Sacsayhuaman, and the Plaza de Armas in Cusco
- Head uphill to the mega fortress of Sacsayhuaman
Then, visit the Cathedral of Cuzco, the most imposing monument in the Main Square. Continue your tour to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic buildings built by the Inca Pachacutec in the Fifteenth Century. This is a huge fortress built with large stones whose transportation remains a mystery. Each year on June 24, the feast of Inti Raymi is recreated here, during which the sun is worshipped.
Continue to Quenqo, an archaeological complex for mainly religious uses. Finally, get to know Puka Pucara, which means Red Fortress. This was an architectural complex of alleged military use with multiple spaces, plazas, baths, aqueducts, walls, and towers. It is believed the entourage of the Inca used it while they rested in Tambomachay.
- English and Spanish speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Cathedral and Qoricancha fees
- Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC)
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
• Not wheelchair accessible
• To visit the 4 archaeological sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
• Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local partner
• It is important to inform the tour operator of the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
• Passengers will be collected at their respective hotels located in Cusco Downtown