Cusco: Humantay Lake with Breakfast and Buffet Lunch
Pickup includedPick-up available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
- Marvel at Humantay Lake
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Salkantay
- Experience the local flavors of Cusco during your breakfast and buffet lunch
- Explore the landscape during your 2 hour trek to Humantay Lake
After breakfast travel one more hour to Soraypampa. Once you arrive at this high mountain plateau you will be able to see the beautiful mountains Apu Salkantay 20400 feet (6230 meters) above sea level and Humantay 17225 feet (5250 meters) above sea level. After a short time preparing your day pack you will start the 2-hour trek to Humantay Lake. The way up to Humantay Lake is steep however your group is small and your guide will let you take your time to enjoy the trek. Enjoy the views of Humantay Lake and enjoy an optional small climb above the lake to the right or left where you can enjoy a panoramic view.
Next, you will have the easy part of your trek. Go downhill to Soraypampa for another hour. Then you will take your private transportation back to Mollepata where a local lunch will be waiting for you. Once you finish your buffet lunch you will go back to Cusco arriving between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM to the drop off near Plaza de Armas.
- Hotel pickup
- Professional tour guide
- Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian option)
- Entrance fee
- First aid kit
- Oxygen bottle
- 1 trekking pol (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Horse (can be rented for 70 - 80 soles one way)
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
• Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves as the first few hours of the tour will be very cool
• If for any reason you need to rent horse, please know that the local partner does not manage these rentals and will not be involved in the process
• The local partner cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research.