Cusco: Chinchero, Moray, and Salt Mines Tour
Pickup includedPickup is available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Chicon and the Pitusiray Mountains
- Marvel at the ancient textile weaving process
- Explore the Inka terraces in Moray
- Take in the stunning views of natural pre-Inka salt mines
After driving 30 minutes more, you will arrive to Moray, the ancient Inka agriculture laboratory located in a rare topographical depression in which the Inkas developed into unique circular terraces. You will learn how this entire area was also watered by a well-engineered irrigation system.
After enjoying Moray, you will continue for another hour to the Salineras Salt Mines of Maray, your last destination on your tour. The salt mine is actually a vast collection of terraces born from a water stream high on a mountain.
Over many centuries this salt spring has been channeled to 1,000 small pools. People wait for the sunny days to evaporate the water which leaves the pure salt behind, a technique of which has been used since pre-Inka times. You will finally drive approximately 1.5 hours back to Cusco, where your group will be dropped off near the Main Plaza de Armas.
- Hotel pickup in Cusco
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tourist ticket for Moray (70 soles, can be purchased on site)
- Entrance ticket to the salt mines (10 soles, can be purchased in Maras)