2 Day Private Humantay Soraypampa Trek
Pick-up servicePick-up from all hotels in Cusco
- Hike to the secluded mountain lake Humantay
- Breath in the fresh air and nature with this unique two day adventure
- Wake up to the sound of birds and bubbling brooks at your high altitude camping site
- Experience the view from the Salkantay Glaciar
Start your day with a sleepy ride to Mollepata, where you will be treated to a lovely breakfast. Continue the drive through breathtaking scenery, on small mountain roads, past guides with their horses and mules. Arrive at the lush Challacancha where you begin your hike towards Soraypampa.
At 3900 meters, Soraypampa is where you will camp during the night, and also where you get to enjoy your lunch. Take a moment to look around, the panoramic views here are only the beginning. Tie your boots and begin the trek up to Humantay, this lake is 4,200 meters (or 13779 ft) above sea level. Take a break along the way, the hike up to this glacier lake is hard for anyone not acclimatized to the altitude. Look around and you may see some native birds, climb the surrounding hills for a different point of view. Return to camp in Soraypampa for the night. From this spot you can trace the milky way.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Mollepata – Cusco
Wake up to a delicious breakfast, and start your morning hike up to the base of Salkantay Glaciar. This is the highest cilmb of your trip. From here you will have a chance to survey all of your surroundings. When you arrive back at camp in Soraypampa, lunch will be waiting for you. Return back to Cusco with other tour groups in comfortable transportation. The expected arrival time with group transport is approxcimately 6:00 PM.
- Hotel pick-up
- Professional guide
- A professional chef
- Kitchen equipment, dining tent, chairs, tables
- Two person tent
- Foam sleeping mat
- Meals including 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen and radios
- Entrance fee to Salkantay
- Sleeping bag (rentals available)
- Dinner on the second night