Self Guided Pagos del Rey Wine Museum & Local Church Tour
- Trace the history of Pagos del Rey wine production
- Gaze upon the ageing room, which contains 2,200 French and American oak barrels
- Visit the insides of the tanks in a true sensory experience
- Taste two glasses of wine paired with a tapa of local food
- Awe at the magnificent Collegiate Church of Toro and delve into its baroque treasures
Located in an old cooperative winery for the past century, you’ll discover all the secrets about wine culture by a didactic and playful approach as you learn about the production processes, and the history and evolution of wine at the Pagos del Rey Wine Museum. Uncover the route of the grape from the vine to the glass through new technologies, and delight at the scenic views of the barrel room before finishing your visit at the store, where the friendly staff of the Museum will make sure that you get a proper taste of the local Toro wine accompanied by the best cheese from Zamora.
After visiting the museum, take a pleasant walk to the Collegiate Church of Toro, one of the most important Romanesque temples in the northern third of the peninsula. Awe at the Portico of the Majesty, one of the only two polychrome porticos in the Iberian Peninsula, and delight in its spectacular heritage. After the visit, you can climb to the Baroque tower and finish your visit enjoying memorable views of the Douro River and the city of Toro.
- Entrance ticket to Pagos del Rey Wine Museum
- Wine and tapa
- Entrance to The Collegiate Church of Santa María la Mayor
- Audio-guide for The Collegiate Church of Santa María la Mayor
- Tips (Optional)
- Hotel pick-up or transfer
- Food and drinks not specified in the description
- Baroque Tower elevator
Prepare for the activity
You might also like...
Product ID: 181805