From Auckland: 2-Day Coromandel Discovery Package
- Cruise through the Hauraki Gulf on a 360 Discovery Ferry
- Explore Coromandel's most famous attractions
- Learn about the local history of Coromandel Town
- Visit Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach
- Discover the Driving Creek Railway and Kauri Grove Experience
Begin by visiting Hot Water Beach. Your trip is timed to ensure you get to Hot Water Beach around low tide, the best time for the self-dug thermal beach spas.
Then, tackle the Cathedral Cove Walkway. This walk of 2.5km will take you down to a sandy beach, and the famous rock arch of Cathedral Cove. Walking time depends on fitness level, and ranges from 25 to 45 minutes. The track is graded easy to moderate, with some hill slopes and approximately 150 steps down to the beach.
On your second day, you will be picked up from your hotel in Coromandel for a day of exploring the town. Discover the fascinating local history of the town and its surroundings while visiting the Driving Creek Railway.
Finally, head to the magnificent Waiau Falls and Kauri Grove off the 309 road, where the story of Coromandel’s Kauri will unfold. You will return to Auckland by ferry in the afternoon of the second day.
- Return transportation from Auckland to the Coromandel peninsula by ferry
- Transportation on the Coromandel peninsula by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Use of spades at Hot Water Beach
- Services of local guides
- Food and drinks
- Upgrade activities
Prepare for the activity
Please check in for your ferry trip and collect your boarding pass at the Fullers360 ticket office at least 30 minutes before your ferry departure time. The tour team will meet you at the wharf upon your arrival at Coromandel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Change of clothes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch