Cordoba: Jewish Quarter and Mosque-Cathedral Guided Tour
- Explore the history of Cordoba through its main monuments
- Stroll through the narrow streets of the old Jewish Quarter
- Immerse yourself in a typical Andalusian atmosphere, stopping at decorative squares and streets to admire the buildings
- Go to the stunning Great Mosque-Cathedral, a former mosque that was converted to a Catholic cathedral after the Christian Conquest
- Admire a stunning labyrinth of beautiful columns, double arcades and horseshoe arches in the Mosque-Cathedral interior
- Get tips on where to find the best tapas
Visit the Synagogue, where the main door is profusely decorated with Mudejar plasterwork, and 3 small balconies form a trefoil archway with inscriptions from the psalms. Stroll through the complex network of small streets that make up the historic Jewish Quarter, enjoying the typical Andalusian flavor, and stop in decorative squares and streets to take in the sights.
End your tour at the Great Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, where the mixture of architectural styles reveal 9 centuries of Cordoba history. Go inside to see the labyrinth of beautiful columns, double arcades and horseshoe arches. Discover how a Catholic cathedral was constructed inside the Islamic mosque, with Byzantine mosaics crafted from marble.
At the end of the tour, at approximately 14:30, your guide will be happy to point you in the direction of local restaurants and taverns should you wish to sample some authentic Andalusian tapas.
- Local Qualified Guide
- Audio Receivers to listen to the guide inside the Mosque-Cathedral
- Entrance fees
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags