Cologne: Search for Historical Traces of the Romans
- Visit the Ubiermonument, the Roman harbor tower
- Admire the Dionysus mosaic
- Discover the remains of Roman Cologne
The Romans built a city wall, a street network, a water supply, a sewage system, and established residential areas, businesses, temples and stately buildings. With these measures, the Romans created an urban infrastructure, which still influences Cologne's cityscape today. Even the main shopping streets align with those from 2,000 years ago.
Depending on availability, you will explore the Ubiermonument and/or the excavation underneath the monastery church Groß Sankt Martin.
- Guided tour with a BVGD-certified guide
- German-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fare to the Ubiermonument (public museum)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity