Chicago River: 1.5-Hour Guided Architecture Cruise
- Pre-purchase your ticket to skip the ticket line and guarantee your place on this popular cruise
- Experience the architectural river tour which started it all – back in 1935
- Enjoy year-long cruising with a choice of outside deck-top or indoor climate-controlled seating
- Learn from expert tour guides the importance of Chicago’s architecture and how it has developed over the years
- Enjoy true Chicago hospitality with locally sourced food and drinks available at a full service cash bar
Choose between the fresh air of the open-air decks or enjoy the comfort of the climate-controlled interiors during your cruise. The tour starts at the Michigan Avenue (DuSable) bridge and goes up the main branch of the Chicago River past Wolf Point, and cruises along the north and south branches of the river, before heading back past the Chicago Riverwalk towards Lake Michigan.
On the way, learn about ornate, historic early skyscrapers like the Wrigley Building and the Tribune Tower, the imposing art deco Merchandise Mart, mid-century skyscrapers like the Mies Van der Rohe AMA Building, the circular Marina City Towers, the majestic Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower and the tallest building in Chicago) the soaring AON Center, and more modernist structures like Aqua, Trump Tower, Nuveen, and the new Vista Tower.
During your cruise, have the opportunity to enjoy a full service cash bar featuring authentic Chicago products, including local beer and spirits, and Garrett’s Popcorn. Don’t forget to take a selfie at the Grand Staircase at the front of the boat or pose for a photos at the picturesque stern or bow of this classic vessel.
- 1.5-hour cruise on the main Chicago River and the North & South Branches
- Local expert tour guide
- Choice of outdoor deck or interior, climate-controlled seating
- Beverages and snacks (available for purchase onboard)
Prepare for the activity
400 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA. Present your timed ticket to a uniformed employee standing at the top of the stairs at the northwest corner of the Michigan Avenue (DuSable) Bridge at the foot of the Wrigley Building; they will guide you to the correct dock for your cruise time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
• Boarding commences approximately 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
• Seats on the decks are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis
• All bags are subject to search
• Vessels include restrooms with diaper changing tables, cash bar, and climate control
• Due to COVID-19 the bar and concessions are temporarily closed. Passengers can bring their own non-alcoholic beverages and food
• Passengers must wear masks, even when outside