Chicago: 1.5-Hour Lake and River Architecture Cruise
- Learn from expert tour guides about what makes Chicago's architecture so amazing
- Choose between outside deck-top or indoor climate-controlled seating on world-class vessels
- Journey through the legendary Chicago Lock, linking Lake Michigan with the Chicago River
- Pre-purchase your ticket to skip the ticket line and guarantee your place on this often-sold-out tour
- Enjoy a full service cash bar featuring authentic Chicago products, including local beer and spirits, and Garrett’s Popcorn
Choose between the fresh air of the open-air decks or enjoy the comfort of the climate-controlled interiors during your cruise. The tour starts at the Michigan Avenue (DuSable) bridge and goes up the main branch of the Chicago River to Wolf Point before heading back past the Chicago Riverwalk towards Lake Michigan.
On the way, you will learn about ornate, historic early skyscrapers like the Wrigley Building and the Tribune Tower, the imposing art deco Merchandise Mart, mid-century skyscrapers like the Mies Van der Rohe AMA Building, the circular Marina City Towers, the soaring AON Center, and more modernist structures like Aqua, Trump Tower, Nuveen, and the new Vista Tower.
After passing through the Chicago Lock and cruising past Navy Pier, take the chance to admire the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan, one of the largest bodies of freshwater in the world. Here you can also see the twin super-skyscrapers, the famous Willis (formerly Sears) Tower and the John Hancock Building.
You'll also get to admire the majesty of Grant Park with its famous Buckingham Fountain, and iconic Chicago venues such as Soldier’s Field, Adler Planetarium, and the Shedd Aquarium. With amazing vantage points for perfect selfies and memorable pictures, this is the one thing everyone tells you to do in Chicago, done right.
- 1.5-hour cruise on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan
- Local expert tour guide
- Choice of outdoor deck or interior, climate-controlled seating
- Beverages and snacks (available for purchase onboard)
Prepare for the activity
Present your timed ticket to a uniformed employee standing at the top of the stairs at the northwest corner of the Michigan Avenue (DuSable) Bridge; they will guide you to the correct dock for your cruise time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Face mask or protective covering
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
• This tour lasts about 90 minutes, but can run slightly longer in high summer, when the Chicago lock is busy
• Vessels include restrooms with diaper changing tables, a cash bar, and climate control