2 Hour Chicago Art and Architecture Segway Tour
- Enjoy a fun and informative architectural tour of Chicago seeing buildings by Frank Gehrie , Van der Rohe and Holabird
- See art by world famous Magdalene Abakonwicz and Henry Moore
- Learn how to ride a segway and glide through rose gardens and lake fronts
We begin our Chicago Segway tour at the northeast corner of Grant Park. We glide south through the Daley Bicentennial Plaza along the edge of Millennium Park to view the Pritzker Pavilion and Lurie Gardens. The fountains and floral paths provide an idyllic backdrop for Chicago sightseeing on a Segway.
The Art Institute of Chicago is in Grant Park, here you will see the Modern Wing of the Art Institute. You will also see public art sculptures such as the Bean at Millennium Park and the arch of the demolished Chicago Stock Exchange Building. Amongst other sites, the neoclassical Field Museum will be visited.
The tour draws to an end as we glide along Michigan Avenue taking in a diverse collection of structures and buildings dating back to the 19th century.
- 15-minute orientation
Prepare for the activity
The offices are located at the NE corner of Columbus Drive and Monroe Street. When you are on the intersection of Columbus Drive and Monroe look for the orange flag signs that say "Segway Tours." The office is located one level below the street and has Orange A-frame signs with arrows pointing the way. Please call 312.552.5100 if you get lost.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You must be over 12 years old to participate. Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult.
• Participants must weight a minimum of 100 pounds and cannot exceed 260 pounds.
• Please do not wear shape up shoes or any shoe without a flat sole.
• Pregnant women may not participate in this activity.
• Those suffering from seizure disorders, unable to climb stairs without assistance, with recent joint replacements, or unable to stand for more than 1 hour should not participate. Further restrictions may apply.
• The bathrooms near the office are closed for maintenance. Please use the washroom prior to your arrival. There are several bathroom stops along the tour route.