The Lake District Tour from Chester
- Sit back and enjoy a beautiful lake cruise
- Visit the Hilltop Garden & Shop
- Take in the Lake District's charming landscapes
- Explore the medieval village of Hawkshead
Your driver and guide will take you to the medieval village of Hawkshead, famous for its connection with Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth. Have time here to explore the cobbled alleys and get something to eat, wandering through shops, cafés, galleries, and so much more. It's a beautiful village, and a definite highlight of the tour. William Wordsworth's old Grammar School can also be found here, along with St. Michael and All Angels Church, which overlooks the village of Hawkshead.
The next part of the tour takes you to Tarn Hows, so renowned for its beauty that it's one of the most photographed locations in the Lake District. Take in the stunning scenery and look out for Brantwood, the former home of social reformer and art critic John Ruskin.
When your Lake District tour comes to an end, you will be transported back to Chester.
- Lake cruise
- Knowledgeable driver and guide
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
• Please note, this tour is not suitable for children under 5
• All passengers must have their own seat
• Timings may vary depending on traffic and weather
• Minimal walking is required, but please remember wear sensible shoes and bring a light raincoat
• Routes are subject to change without notice and the vendor reserves the right to alter tours in the event of severe inclement weather, traffic congestion, or for operational reasons