Trek to the top of the highest active volcano in Europe with an expert guide and admire the dramatic beauty of Mount Etna and the surroundings from the summit craters.
About this activity
Duration 6 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date, participants and language:
Trek to the top of Mount Etna
Learn about Europe's most active volcano from an experienced guide
Hike through lava fields and get stunning views from 3,300 meters above sea level
Ride a cable car up the side of an active volcano
Get a short briefing from your expert guide at the Crateri Silvestri restaurant on the slopes of Mount Etna and then ride the cable car to an altitude of 2,500 meters above sea level. Transfer to a 4WD bus and continue up the mountain to reach a height of 2,900 meters above sea level near the Torre del Filosofo.
Then, start your 2-hour trek to the crater summit and take breaks along the way to enjoy the scenery and views. Walk through the lunar landscape of the lava fields as you make your way along the nature trails of the highest active volcano in Europe.
Take in the panoramic views from the summit and then trek back down to the upper cable car station. Return to the meeting point by cable car and get your last views of the brooding mountain.
Trek to the summit craters of Mount Etna
What’s Not Included
Cable car ride and 4WD bus ticket (€50)
When you get there
Meet at the information desk at the Crateri Silvestri restaurant, Piazzale Crateri Silvestri, 95030 Nicolosi. The Excursion starts at exactly 10:00 AM.
• This activity is suitable for those with medium physical training and who are accustomed to walking on sand and rock when there are no trails. Some parts of the path may be exposed
• You must be at least 10 years old to take part
• Please inform the guide of any health conditions or concerns
• This activity is not suitable for people who are at least 3 months pregnant
• This activity is not suitable for people with heart disease or who suffer from asthma or vertigo
• The use of contact lenses is forbidden due to the presence of volcanic ash spread by the wind
• Wear trekking boots with high socks and bring a trekking pole (recommended)
• Bring an extra T-shirt, long trousers (recommended), a pullover and anorak, gloves and a hat (recommended)
• Bring a 10 to 20-liter backpack, at least 1.5 liters of water, a snack and packed lunch
• Bring sunglasses (recommended) and sun cream (recommended)