Cappadocia: Full-Day Private Tour
Pickup includedPickup from your hotel lobby in Goreme, Uchisar, Avanos, Nevsehir or Kaymakli
- Explore Goreme Open Air Museum's cave churches with frescoes
- Explore the underground city of Kaymakli
- Visit the most important sites in the area in one day
Afterwards, visit Kaymakli Underground City which is the biggest and deepest underground settlement. It has 8 levels connected with narrow tunnels. You will visit stalls, stores, churches, wineries, kitchens and the other sections which are open for visitors. While you are visiting the sections, your guide will complement the experience with their expert knowledge.
Next, enjoy a local lunch in an authentic restaurant. After, visit Pigeon Valley which is located in Uçhisar town and offers another spectacular panoramic view. The next destination is Goreme Open Air Museum, where you can see rock-cut churches carved by early Christian monks. Your guide will give you information about Christianity and the Monastic Life of Cappadocia.
The next stop will be Çavuşin, which is the Old Greek Village, abandoned after Population Exchange in 192. This town is located on the banks of the Red River which is the longest river in Turkey. It is famous for its pottery which started around the 2nd millennium B.C by Hittites. You will have a tour of the town and then visit a pottery workshop and learn about red clay work and ceramics. One of the masters of the discipline will even demonstrate the ancient free-hand technique that has been used throughout history.
Then visit Paşabağı where spectacular mushroom-shaped rock formations can be seen. Paşabağı is also called Monks Valley because of the Chapel of Saint Simeon which is located in the valley. The next stop is Devrent Valley, which is also known as İmagination Valley. The valley contains curious red rocks, some of which resemble animal forms: a camel, a lizard, an owl, a snake, a chicken and a penguin.
- Licensed professional tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation (non-smoking), air-conditioned van or coach
- Parking fees
- Private tour
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Drinks (unless specifically mentioned)
- Personal expenses
- All entrance fees
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• The order of the tour itinerary may vary in order to avoid congestion
• Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries