Robben Island: Ferry Ticket & Tour with Hotel Pick-Up
Pick-up serviceThe pickup point will be: Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, City Centre (CBD, Gardens, Tamboerskloof, Oranjezicht), Woodstock, Waterfront. If you are staying outside the pickup area, you will have to make arrangements with the local partner to get your ticket within the pickup area. If you are staying at the Waterfront, please be aware you will be charged for transportation anyways. Consider booking the ticket directly with the island.
- Pre-book your ticket to Robben Island to secure your visit
- Enjoy the comfort of a hotel pick-up
- Learn about life during Apartheid through the voice of a former prisoner
- Visit the cell where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned
The ferry trip lasts about 45 minutes: at your arrival you will first have a bus tour of the island and then you will be given the opportunity to visit the prison and the cell where Nelson Mandela was kept for 18 of his 27 prison years.
Learn about the dramatic history of South Africa through the voice of a former prisoner. After the tour you will get a return boat to Cape Town and you will be dropped off at the V&A Waterfront. Here you will be free to return to your accommodation independently or continue touring the beautiful city.
- Pick-up from hotel and accommodations in central Cape Town
- Ferry ticket to Robben Island
- Tour of the island and prison
- Hotel and accommodation drop off
- Food and lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
• Robben Island introduced a two tier price system. Non-South African citizens need to make sure they choose the right option for the ticket to be secured
• For rescheduled tickets you will have to make your own way to the Waterfront
• Note that the tour ends at the Robben Island ferry gateway. You will be asked to make your own way back to your hotel
• The local operator might need to reach you on the phone shortly before the tour. When booking, please make sure to provide the number where you will be reachable while in Cape Town
• For bigger groups, if you can't find enough available spots, please make an inquiry to the GYG Customer service team. They might be able to assist you and arrange a group booking