Cape Town: India Venster Half-Day Hike
Pick-up includedYou will be collected from your accommodation within the Cape Town City Bowl/CBD area or immediate surrounds, at a time confirmed by the local supplier.
- Take in spectacular views of the city, Robben Island and beyond on a clear day as you ascend Table Mountain
- Look through the India Venster (Afrikaans for "Window") and be wowed by the view
- Enjoy the views covering all of Table Mountain
If this is all the hike you need then a cable car ride down to the bottom can be done at this point.
If you still have some adventure left in you, then walk across the Table Top towards Maclears Beacon (the highest point on Table Mountain). This will take an extra 1-2 hours. Then you can return along the top to the cable car and take your ride down.
- Snacks and water on the hike
- All transport to and from your accommodation within the Cape Town City Bowl or CBD area
- Services of your qualified experienced mountain guide
- One way cableway ticket (down)
- If the Table Mountain Cableway is not running due to weather or maintenance, there will be an extra charge of R200 per person for the guide to hike down with the guests
Prepare for the activity
• For those with extreme height phobias, this may not be the hike for you. Kasteelspoort (12 Apostles) hike, Platteklip Gorge, or Skeleton Gorge hike are recommended as alternatives. All of these hikes end at the Upper Cableway where you will take the cableway down.