Cape Town to Gans Bay: Shark Cage Dive and Viewing
Pickup optionalCollection from your hotel lobby or airbnb by our air conditioned bus with our logo on the door.
- Experience the grace and magnificence of one of nature's most fearsome predators
- Enjoy 3 hours at sea learning about sharks and marine life from a shark expert
- Look back on your day's experience thanks to the on board camera man
Once anchored, the sharks are lured by bait line to the cage. Viewing from the deck of the boat is almost as exciting as getting into the cage for an unforgettable close encounter. Approximately 3 hours at sea allows for more than one dive. The cage takes 4 or 5 people at a time on a rotational basis. There are drinks and snacks on board to enjoy while you warm up on the deck, before having another underwater encounter with these awe-inspiring apex predators. No diving experience is necessary for this surface cage dive, it's as easy as holding your breath.
The onboard cameraman is there to capture this unforgettable experience for you and after viewing the day's footage back on land, while you enjoy a hot lunch, you can choose to purchase a souvenir USB.
Enjoy land-based whale watching en route back to Cape Town or airport transfers at no extra cost.
- Door to door hotel pick up and drop off from Cape Town or Hermanus (only if option selected)
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Clean wetsuits and masks
- Refreshments on board
- Hot shower available at the crew house
- Registered tour guide and shark expert
- Complimentary shark dive offered if no sharks are seen
- Footage of the diving (available to purchase)
- Seasickness tablets
Prepare for the activity
Opposite the Kleibaai harbour (slipway) in the double storey building. Please find parking behind the building and take the stairs up to the first floor. 9 Kusfront, Van Dyks Bay, 7220Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Alcohol and drugs
• It is the same price per head on the boat, whether viewing or diving but you can always change your mind.
• This tour is accredited with blue flag standards of responsible eco-friendly tourism.