Riviera Maya Sian Ka'an Bisophere Reserve Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from hotels in Cancun, and along the Riviera Maya, at Playa del Carmen, Tulum etc.
- Explore the unique biosphere of Sian Ka'an
- Swim in the sacred cenotes of the Mayans
- Learn about the flora, fauna and mangrove systems of Sian Ka'an
- Enjoy a typical Mexican lunch in Tulum
- See the impressive Mayan temple of Muyil
- Hike through the Yucatan jungle
- Help support the Sian Ka'an community
Following a pick-up from your hotel, head to the reserve to hike through the jungle. Located on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, near the Mayan ruins of Tulum, Sian Ka’an is an ecotourism and education center that provides a good example of sustainable development in sensitive tropical ecosystems.
Discover the impressive Mayan temple of Muyil. Cross the lagoon by boat while your certified guide explains more about the reserve's ecosystem and wildlife. You will even have time to swim and float through the channels of the freshwater stream. Discover the different sorts of mangroves and other flora and fauna of the region.
A 3-course lunch of typical Mexican food will be served at Restaurant Don Cafeto in Tulúm. Then, it’s time to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the "El Sueño" cenote, and experience part of the underwater system of rivers that was sacred to the Mayans.
Transfer back to your hotel at 16:00, with an estimated drop off at about 18:30.
- Professional naturalist/biologist guides
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned vans
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at Don Cafeto Restaurant in Tulum
- Snacks, fresh fruit, and drinks (purified water and soft drinks)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Change of clothes