Riviera Maya: Puerto Morelos 4-Hour Bird Watching Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from hotels in Cancun, and along the Riviera Maya, at Playa del Carmen, Tulum etc.
- Hike in the pristine jungle of Puerto Morelos
- Look for exotic migratory birds on the 1st stop of their long journey
- Get an insight into the Yucatan Peninsula's eco system from a naturalist guide
- Help support sustainable tourism projects and protect the Mayan culture
- See colorful flycatchers, tucans, and green jays
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Cancun or Playa del Carmen at 06:00 (07:00 for hotels in Tulum), transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to Puerto Morelos to observe unique birds on a hike through the jungle. Certified naturalist guides will provide interesting information about the Yucatan Peninsula's different bird species, as well as the area's ecosystems along the way.
Migratory birds can be found in Mexico twice a year. As they escape the cold winters of the north, they cross the Gulf of Mexico on a journey of some 800-1,000 kilometers. The Yucatan Peninsula is the first stop on their journey to Central America, providing a unique opportunity to see them at rest in and around Puerto Morelos.
A portion of the profits from this tour is donated to projects that protect the Mayan culture, and promote sustainable and responsible eco tourism.
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual biologist or naturalist guide
- Entrance fees
- Snack (fruits)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent