Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise Including Scenic Heli Flight
- Travel on one of the fastest and largest commercial vessels
- Visit 2 spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef destinations
- Soar over the reef on a scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy live entertainment and a complimentary beverage on way back
- Relax on the full-length sun lounge or reclining chairs
Depart the marina at 8.15am and travel to the true outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. There are Several exclusive mooring locations to be chosen from, depending on the day's conditions. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey. Choose from an abundance of seating inside air-conditioned, modern lounges or outside on full-length sundecks for sunbathing. Spend 4.5 hours snorkelling on the reef and enjoy the free guided snorkelling tour which will take you all around the best snorkel and visibility locations. Spot diverse marine wildlife below, coral gardens and much more.
Take to the skies for your 10 minute Scenic Helicopter Flight to and from the exclusive Heli-Pontoon on the Outer Reef. Have your camera ready as you lift off from the heli pad for an incredible scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef. Appreciate from the air, the sheer size of the reef system as you search for marine life in their natural habitat. Be amazed at the colors and beauty of the coral gardens before touching back down to re-join the crew on board the vessel. For lunch, enjoy a delicious Aussie BBQ including steak, fish, prawns, and tropical salads (vegetarians are catered for.) Morning and afternoon tea, complimentary tea, coffee, fruit and cheese platter are served on the return journey back to Cairns. Listen to a live Australian musical entertainer and on-board Marine Biologist. Return to Cairns at 4:30PM.
- 4.5 hours of snorkelling or diving at the reef
- 10 minute scenic flight
- Lunch, morning tea, afternoon tea, refreshments
- Live Australian musician
- Professional snorkel and dive equipment
- Free introductory dive
- Visit 2 outer reef locations
- The $20 Reef Levy (payable on day of travel)
When you get there
Meet at the 'Down Under Dive' Counter in the Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns. This is a quick 5-10 mins walk from the shops in the main center of Cairns. Address: LOT 996 Pier Point Rd, Cairns City QLD 4870Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note: check-in commences from 7.30am at Reef Fleet Terminal. The $20 Reef Levy is made up of the Environmental Management Charge (EMC) government taxes, port charges, fuel levies, and administration costs - it is payable on the day of travel directly to the local operator.