Byron Bay Half-Day Tour
- Visit the famous little town of Bangalow (oldest white settlement in the area).
- Drive up to the lighthouse and have your photo taken at Australia’s most easterly point.
- Watch whales, dolphins and sea turtles along the coast (whales Jun-Oct).
Start your trip with a visit to the pearl of the hinterland – the beautiful little town of Bangalow, with a fascinating mix of local shops, galleries and cafes. Have a locally brewed coffee and indulge in some locally grown food.
Walk your way up through subtropical rainforest to the Byron Lighthouse for the most spectacular 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views, and watch the dolphins and migrating whales (May to October).
Have your photo taken at the most easterly point of the Australian mainland surrounded by palms, white sands and dramatic cliffs.
- 3 hour tour led by an experienced local guide
- Complimentary water bottle for the walk
- National Park fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay hotel transfer
Prepare for the activity
You will be picked up at 9.00 am sharp (NSW! not QLD time) from the Byron Bay Visitor Information Center at 80 Jonson Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481 (it’s a yellow cottage style building just behind the main bus stop). Please wait in front of the entrance of Byron Bay Visitor Centre on the veranda. PLEASE DON’T WAIT AT THE MAIN BUS STOP SINCE IT CAN BE VERY BUSY THERE AND HARD TO FIND EACH OTHER.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat